Craving Something Sweet? Try These 4 Healthy Sweet DessertsNovember 12, 2019 BY Rochelle Clark
The holiday season is right around the corner, but if you don’t want to break your diet and suck down tons of sugar, you need a plan. That’s why I wanted to share some of my favorite healthy sweet desserts with you!
The holidays don’t have to be a reason to overeat. Try these four healthy sweet desserts this season to save yourself on sugar and calories! Each recipe is low on sugar, so you can enjoy them guilt-free, in moderation of course!
Avocado with Fruit and Chocolate Mousse
Avocado is one of my favorite fruits. It is full of goodness for your skin, organs, and even can help prevent cancer cells. But that doesn’t mean it isn’t delicious! This Avocado/Fruit/Chocolate Mousse recipe proves it. You can serve this treat any way you like, in a dish garnished with mint is one of my favorite ways to enjoy it, and it is very easy to make. If you’re looking for healthy sweet desserts, this one is literally at the top of my list! The ingredients you’ll need include:
- 4 ripe avocados
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- ¼ cup of coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons honey or less if you want to avoid sugar altogether
- 2 ounces of yummy dark chocolate (opt for 72% cocoa)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Coconut whipped cream to top
- Chopped strawberries, cherries, peaches, and blackberries
- Mint (optional)
Enjoy it this recipe plain or use the coconut whipped cream to layer it up. The berries are also a refreshing addition. Check out the full recipe and instructions here.
Sugar Free, Flourless Flaxseed Cookies
So, this recipe might not sound yummy, but it is! You can’t beat a sugar-free, flourless flaxseed cookie paired with a warm cup of tea. This healthy sweet dessert recipe calls for sweeteners like Stevia or Monkfruit, but keep in mind you can leave them out if you’d rather not have a sweetener used.
The ingredients required include:
- ¼ teaspoon of Kosher salt
- ½ cup of softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons of flaxseed meal
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- 4 tablespoons of Monkfruit sweetener
- 6 tablespoons of stevia in the raw granulated sweetener
This recipe is fairly easy to make. Get the full instructions here. If you drink coffee, you can also freeze them and enjoy them in the morning.
Keto Friendly Chocolate Cake
The Keto diet has been making the rounds lately, and with good reason. It offers a great way to fight inflammation and chronic illnesses like diabetes and heart disease. That’s why this recipe might take you off guard.
You can have your cake and eat it too. This keto friendly chocolate cake is a great way to indulge your sweet tooth. It’s sugar free and gluten free as well. It makes a 9-inch cake.
- 8 ounces confectioners swerve or another sweetener that works as a replacement for powdered sugar
- 8 ounces warm water
- 4 ounces finely chopped unsweetened baking chocolate
- 4 ounces salted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 ½ ounces coconut flour
- ½ ounce dutched unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
For the topping:
- 4 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 2 ½ ounces finely chopped unsweetened baking chocolate
Make your chocolate cake and enjoy it the way you want without guilt over how much sugar is included, with this recipe. Get all the info here.
Soft Maple Cookies
If you are like me and enjoy cookies, this recipe will bring a smile to your face and satisfy your sweet tooth. This soft-baked cookie recipe is simple and totally satisfying. Some of the ingredients include:
- 1 ¼ cups of white whole wheat flour
- 1 ¼ old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¾ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/3 cup raisins
Indulge if you like with this recipe, and get the complete instructions here.
I hope you give your sweet tooth a little something extra this holiday season with these healthy sweet desserts.